Thursday, April 8, 2010

You can stand under my umbrella...ella...ella...eh..eh...eh...eh

Today was a rainy day - actually the last few days have been rainy days. Everywhere I turn, somebody hates the rain. Although I understand how frustrating it is to be stuck in traffic, outside waiting for a bus/streetcar (even getting a huge puddle splashed all over you - hmmm drivers can you not slow down when you see a person on the sidewalk) or even have frizzed out hair from the moisture - I am proud to say I LOVE THE RAIN! The rain smells so delightful and everything glistens with little tiny drops of rain. The best part of a rainy day are the outfits!

People comment every rainy day on how good I make a rainy day look - even strangers on the street!  I like to think of myself as the rain diva as I strut my stuff down the sidewalk and jump in puddles.Today a photographer asked if she could take my picture while jumping in puddles. She was from a local paper - so I was happy to pose.

So, what does my rainy day look like? My outfit always consists of my black trench coat (which is waterproof and has a hood), my fantastic bright yellow rubber boots, a fabulous hat (I love a 1920's bowler hat feminzed with a bow or flower) and a unique umbrella.

The great thing about the rain is you can brighten it up with just a little bright coloured boot! I often want to tell girls in black rain boots to get one with a pattern, colour or anything really. Show your personality in your boots. I like to be cheerful, those boots make me cheerful. There have been some great designer rubber boots lately in colours that make me swoon. If designer boot is what you want check out the Fendi Graffiti Rain Boot (around $225), Burberry Check Rain Boot (from $195 - $250) or Kate Spade New York "Randi" Rain Boot (around $125).

If it's cheaper you want check out Aldo's Nesbit ($35 - $45) or my personal favourite Hunter Short Gloss (mine are citrine - around $50).

Now umbrellas - people tend to forget about the umbrella. Umbrellas are just as important as your purse, braclets or even your shoes! Show your unique style with a fantastic umbrella and remember - buy one that looks just as pretty on the inside so you have a view too. I love to check out local stores for cool and unique umbrellas.

Whatever your style, go out and be bold. In the rain, we all need somebody to brighten our day. Maybe you'll have somebody stand under your umbrella, ella, ella, eh, eh, eh, eh....

No comments:

Post a Comment