Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spring Awakening!

Spring is by far my favourite season. Unlike the cold harsh Toronto winter (although not to bad this year), spring gives me a sense of rebirth. Yesterday I decided to put winter behind me and find a new look. I have a system for each season. First I change my make-up, then my accessories and finally I change my hair. I am happy to say, step one is complete!
With my tax refund burning a hole in my pocket I decided to visit the Eatons Centre. With a smell of fresh rain in the air, I grazed through store after store. After a hard day at work, shopping gives me a jolt of excitement that no caffine can do. I live for the days I get to go shopping.

After looking through the entire mall, I settled on the MAC make-up store. What a grand store. The make-up artists are always way cooler than I am and somehow I think that impressing them means something to my esteem. I pull out my best lines and make them laugh. As we were laughing and trying different lipsticks, a light flashed before our eyes. A girl was taking a picture of herself after getting her make-up done. I had seen her when she came in - plain as a baked potatoe. Thank God for make-up, she actually looked human. I will never understand people who don't wear any make-up at all. Really, a coat of mascara and bit of gloss is all you need to not look so...well I should stop before I offend. Anyway, as my eyes slowly came back to normal, there it was. The lipstick for me!

Viva Glam Cyndi, a limited edition lipstick named for Cyndi Lauper. At first, in the store, the colour looks weird. TRY IT ON! This colour looks good on everybody. It's bright, it's fun and most of all IT LOOKS GOOD. Compliments are at an all time high today. My lips look amazing, the colour has stayed all day and my teeth look shiney and white. I smile more and I feel way more confident. Yes - you need to go out and buy this lipstick. Paired with this incredible lipstick, I bought a fantastic shimmery blue eye pencil with a light gray shadow. I feel like it's a little 80's Guess model, but I look good. My eyes are popping and the lipstick - well I can't get over how much I love the lipstick.

Thank God for Spring! It's time to change my accessories!




















No comments:

Post a Comment