Friday, April 16, 2010

Always look on the bright side of life...

I walk into work in the morning, I normally feel a little grumpy. I hate the morning - although I look refreshed my insides are saying please please please go back to sleep! Since I started working at my current company, the commute is a little longer. I have a chance to grab a coffee, listen to some music, people watch but mostly just prepare for the busy day ahead. I try to be more deliberate with my clothing choices. Working downtown has it's perks, I got out a lot more now after work but I have to be careful about what shoes I am wearing. Let's be realistic here - you can't always wear heals for walking when you have a full 10 hour day ahead of you, if not longer. Since it's nicer out - I tend to wear flip flops, flats or nice sandles to work and then change into fantastic pumps.

When I get to work, most days I come up in the back door and take the stairs up (it's how I allow myself to eat chocolate everyday!).  Then I change my shoes and get my coffee in my fantastic bright green mug that screams NOTICE ME! There is always a group of ladies having breakfast, chatting away and making me think "how are they so chipper - it's not evne 8:30am yet." As I walk in, I always hear - "what shoes do you have on today?" They all laugh at how funky and fantastic my shoes are - and then talk about how they used to wear them when they were young! It makes my day and I become chipper (which is how I normally am - just not when I haven't had coffee).

I do love shoes and I love to look at whathttp://www.thecheapgirl.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/picture-31.png others are wearing. I think they make the perfect statement. It's like a mullet for your feet. Business up top, party on the bottom! New obsession - Town Shoes's Barbie Collection - in particular their peep toe bootie. Oh how I want these. My feet would be happy! Also am in love with Steve Maddens Vanissa - gorg shoe! I want it bad :) Do you have a favourite shoe? Let me know fashionistas! Till next time - remember make the street your catwalk!

No comments:

Post a Comment