Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What are you wearing?

I had a very odd experience this morning. With the nice weather I decided it was time to not wear a coat. Ok, well it wasn’t that warm and I shivered through most of my trip to work but hey my outfits are much cuter without a coat. After being squished into the subway by freakishly massive tall men in suits (honestly, I couldn’t see over them and I’m sure none of them knew I was there) for what seemed like forever, I went outside to catch my streetcar and grab a coffee. Thankfully the streetcar was not full. I stood by the back, with an open window blowing my hair around while the sun warmly shinned in on my head. It was a great moment. Unfortunately the moment was just that, a moment. This quite attractive looking man was getting off the streetcar. I could see him inching closer and closer to me. I kept moving further and further away. After several minutes of this, I gave him a frown (I wanted to growl but I thought that might be a little over the top). He looked stunned for a moment and then asked me “what are you wearing?” I said, “What do you mean?” He came a little closer and said, “You smell really good. What are you wearing?” Now, I didn’t know what he was talking about. I work in a scent free environment and have already been in trouble a couple times for having perfume on. As he started for the door, I looked at him and said, “Gain detergent. I just did laundry.” With a look of shock and horror, he promptly missed the step and fell out of the streetcar. I started to laugh and shrugged my shoulders. I had no idea detergent could really make somebody fall out of a streetcar. I am still confused about the conversation or why he was so shocked. I guess I’ll never know…or maybe I will run into him tomorrow on the streetcar!

My advice to all fashionistas out there – if you are going to do laundry try and get a scent! Currently I use Gain Original Fresh, but if you want to personalize your laundry give any soap/make-up shop a try. Most have a liquid you can add to your laundry to really make a statement.

Stay fresh and stay clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment