Tuesday, April 20, 2010

How to cheer in style!

I love baseball! It's my favourite sport, although it's just edging out Hockey. When I was younger my Aunty Jo used to take my sister and I to Blue Jays games. Some of my best memories are the Jays game. Not only did we get to hang out with our cool and fun Aunty Jo, but we got to yell, boo, eat hot dogs and even high five total strangers! Life seemed perfect for those few hours in those sticky plastic seats. I used to admire those who dressed for the occassion with their cute Jays hats, shirts and signs! I never did understand why girls would wear short skirts or heals to the game - I understand now a little more but I still think it's stupid. Those seats can get sticky - and you can't really cross your legs very easily. Just the other day I was at the opening game and I saw girls wearing those short little skirts. I saw more then I wish to have seen. It got me to thinking, why can't girls dress appropriatly for the game?

I understand that some girls are desperate and some have no self-esteem, but seriously how comfortable can you be at a baseball game in little skirts and heals? I would like to think that a guy likes a girl in a cute, stylish, comfortable outfit just as much as a slutty ones. So, what do I wear? I always try to include some Blue Jay Blue in my outfit. I normally will wear jeans but when it's hot and the dome is open - shorts - not booty shorts but shorts. My choice of shoe is a flat closed toe, mainly because I hate people stepping on my feet but again when it's hot - flip flops. This year I have bought a fantstic vintage inspired Blue Jays tee - which I am very excited to wear to the next game!

Whatever your sporting event may be, girls I beg of you, don't show your booty. We are there to watch a game, cheer and boo (inset major boo for Alex Rios here - hisssssssssss). Dress for the occassion - not the man. Fashion is for you, it's what inspires you. Trying to impress somebody else is just as bad as buying a fake Fendi.

REMEBER: The street is your catwalk. So, walk it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment