Tuesday, July 5, 2011

One month in

Well, I can't believe it but yesterday was our one month anniversary Yes folks, C and I have been married for ONE whole month. It still baffles me, I am married. I have a husband. Most days I feel like I am playing house, it's not real - it's just pretend but it's not. So far married life has been a blast. People often ask what my favourite part of it is and I don't know if I can choose just one. I love waking up and seeing C there. I love having two bath towels in the bathroom and the smell of his body wash. I love having so much good food in the fridge - the house is no longer carb free! I love sitting with him on couch watching tv. I love eating dinner every night together. BUT most of all, I love all the laughter we share. I cannot stress how important it is to laugh together. It really makes for a fun relationship and one that I intend to protect at all costs.

It's funny how things have changed for me in just one month. First I am way less stressed out about things. It's really great to have a partner to fall back on if something were to happen. That peace of mind has followed me into work. I am not getting caught up on the small things anymore, I just want to get my job done so I can go home to my husband. Nothing makes me happier than to see the clock change to 4:30pm and I can leave to see my man. I have also started really getting into cooking/baking. I always liked to cook before and would make things when he came over, but i never really made full meals for myself or baked anything substantial. Now that I am married - I cook everyday and at least once a week I bake something.

Last night for our one month I baked a special Italian inspired dinner. First I used my magic bullet (best thing I have ever bought!) to make my bruschetta mixture. I toasted the baguette in a pan with butter - so it was warm, buttery and amazing! For the main course I created our favourite two dishes from Italy. Mine was pasta - so I made cannelloni stuffed with ricotta cheese and spinach then smothered with my homemade tomato sauce and cheese. Chris's favourite was lemon veal, so I found the recipe online of how to make it a true Italian dish and bam we were back in Italy. For dessert I decided to add in a little of home, a fresh Ontario grown Strawberry Pie...and it was delicious! I am very proud of my creation.

So with one month down and a lifetime to go, I am pretty certain my life will be full of love, laughter and excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment