Friday, August 20, 2010

Why I do not weigh myself

Well, we are now finished week two of bootycamp. Now I have to say, bootycamp is still the hardest thing I have ever done, but also the most rewarding.

Here is my new beef, weight. I weighed myself day one for bootcamp. OK - I saw the number and thought - not bad, 10 pounds and you'll be where you want to be. Actually for me - mistake. I started to eat as small of meals as I could and cut out all the carbs. I was so dizzy and tired that after two days I ate an insane amount of sushi. So now, I am eating healthy, often and not limiting my carb intake. I have cut out a lot of carbs and made better decisions about what carbs I eat - but I eat them. I can't survive a full day's work on nothing but salad in my system! I am just not that kind of girl. Back to the weight - I weighed myself this morning after last nights bootycamp - down five pounds but there is a huge difference in my pants - more than five pounds. Which leads me to believe that I am actually gaining muscle and am not going focus on the number. It doesn't mean anything to me, it's how I look in my clothes! And my clothes are looking good! Everything is just a little bit big - in just two weeks! I can see a difference and I feel different.

Feeling different might have a lot more to do with the fact that Sandra, our instructor, pushes us and makes us go past our pushing point each time. She is so amazing that I have signed up for four more weeks. That means, eight weeks of bootycamp. I am confident that my inches are going to really come off after the six week mark. Well, let's hope because I have a wedding dress to fit into!!!

I think my favourite thing about bootycamp so far are the girls in my group. We have a real variety of personailites and ages. I love laughing and motivating each other. I have especially enjoyed meeting a new Canadian! Without her, I may not be having so much fun and laughter! She motivates me and has similar feelings about people in our group! With every group of girls, there are always somebody who feels above the rest of the group. I understand thinking you are the shizzle, but if you don't have the goods to back it up, stop the attitude. AND btw - if you bring a three year old ugly coach purse to your bootycamp and say loudly that your new coach purse shouldn't be put on the ground, expect to be made fun of. I am not perfect but hey, at least I know I am working hard and that everybody in the group is too.  Ok - that maybe a vent - but she had it coming :) hahah

I am really excited to see what the next few weeks have in store for me. I have a goal - and I can see it starting already! I hope everybody has had a great weekend and remember to eat right and exercise - don't starve yourself! REMEMBER - strut your stuff on the catwalk of life! Enjoy your life and own your body.

xoxo E

 

No comments:

Post a Comment