Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Week 3: Don't stop believing.

Hi all!

Well I am in week 3 of bootycamp now and boy am I nervous for next weeks weigh in. I don't want to have sucky results, so for this week and next week (with the exception of Saturday - I have to at least try the deep fried butter balls at the EX - it's important to life), I am amping up my weight loss. I am taking stairs where ever I can (even though it hurts to move my legs up) and making better meal choices. Here is my meal plan for the next few weeks.
Morning:
2 Scrambled Eggs - This means I have to wake up early enough to make breakfast before I leave for work - arg - but thanks to my mama I have fresh eggs. I should visit her more often!
Veggie - With my scrambled eggs I like to have something to make them more exciting. Lately it's been tomato's my mom gave me when I was visiting her. She grew them herself, which makes me remember when I lived at home and we had breakfast as a family every morning before school. I have great parents!!!
Coffee - I will not cut this out. I can't and I won't! I have cut out the cream. It's very hard to drink black coffee. Lately I have cheated and put half & half in, sadly I must cut this out.
Lemon Water - Right after my shower, I down a glass of lemon water to jump start my day. I have no idea if this works but I feel good after I drink it and it's a glass of water!

Mid-Morning Snack:
V8 juice - I have to make sure I have enough salt in my system, since I have low blood pressure. V8 juice gives me exactly the boost I need, plus it makes me full for a couple hours!

Lunch:
Salad: My salad is not just any salad, no it's a super salad with chick peas, butter lettuce, celery, tomato's, cucumber, green peppers and balsamic vinegar. To top it off I normally have tuna, but sometimes switch to chicken. Depends on my mood!
Water: I try to drink 2 cups of water just with lunch. By this time I hopefully have drank up to 4 glasses. I have to pee a lot but at least it gets me up from my desk.

Dinner:
Meat: I'm allergic to shellfish and salmon, so I can't eat those which are normal diet foods but I do love to eat red meat and chicken - so that's what I shall have!
Veggies: Steamed or raw, veggies are my new best friend! I love zucchini- so I am going to eat a lot of grilled zucchini and chicken! I will also eat more broccoli - no cheese sauce :(
Water: More water - must keep drinking!!!


Ok - so that's my plan! As for week 3 of bootycamp, I do feel a big difference in myself. I can see where the inches are coming off, and I can see some toning happening - never thought I would say that! Yesterday was really painful though. I was sweating soooooo much - my hair was soaking and not one inch of my clothes were dry. Speaking of clothes - what would possess a girl to come to class wearing a push up bra? NOW I am not saying that you can't look good while working out, we all know I love fashion but come on, who are you trying to impress? We don't want to see you fall out of your little tank top - that I own but only wear under a sweater. You know the ones with the lace on top - nobody wants to see it - so please put it away. Thanks.

Back to me - today I feel bloated and tired. My legs hurt from the squats, my arms are sore from the push-ups and tricep push-ups, my shoulders hurt and mostly my abs hurt - especially when I sneeze or cough. It's a different sore though - I actually am happy to feel the pain. I know that I am getting stronger, but the bloating part - not fun! I read on the bootycamp forum that this is normal and it's just my body adjusting to the new exercises - but still - not in such a good mood today.

Funny story - yesterday when were doing these intense leg lifts that gave me a charlie horse, but Sandra told me to work through the pain and I did - which I can now feel today - anyway...my favourite bootycamper B, made me laugh soooo hard. When we had finished, she grabbed her legs and tried to do a split over her head - she said it was to take the focus of the pain away - but really it was the funniest thing I have ever heard/scene. Oh man, we laughed soo much. B cracks me up. Without her I don't think I would have so much fun - she seriously makes it fun every minute. Plus we have the same humour as Sandra - which makes it a big laughfest!

Onto laughing, my group is funny!! Not only do we work hard, but we laugh a lot and that makes it fun. Sandra is AMAZING. I really can't say it enough. She makes us laugh and fight all at the same time. B and I always look at each other and just laugh - sometimes no words need to be said!

Well...that was a lot of updating but let's hope my results are good next Thursday and let's hope B decides to stay for the next 4 weeks! I hope she does!!!

Till next time,

E xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment