Monday, June 16, 2014

Meet our new puppy Bailey!

After years of researching and discussing, we finally bought a puppy! It has always been my dream to own a golden retriever, however with asthma and being only 5'3 with a bad back we knew needed something a little smaller who didn't shed as much. Looking at the different breeds we decided on looking at a mini goldendoodle. This breed is known to be hypoallergenic and only 20 - 25 pounds.

We answered an ad online from a breeder who out of 10 puppies only had one girl left. The drive to get her was one of the most nervous drives I have ever done. The anticipation of my husband, who was not certain about a goldendoodle, liking the dog and having her like us was making me sick. Thankfully, when we went inside this little red haired puppy came bolting into our arms and started playing like crazy with us. I was hooked. Chris did all the question work. Thankfully his family has had dogs their entire life and were so helpful in knowing what questions to ask and what to look for - thanks Sophie and Sir! After five seconds of discussion we determined that yep, this was our puppy. 

I had the privilege of holding her all the way home. As we started on our way we started saying a few names, most of which she didn't care for. Suddenly I said, how about Bailey? She looked up and licked my face. Then Chris said, so you're a Bailey and she cocked her head to one side stopped talking to us. That was it! 

Once home, my whole family came from all across the GTA to see this new addition. For the Sweets/Guys, this is our first dog in our family! She was so sweet to everybody and loved the attention. She was great playing with my little nephews and especially loves Z aka the animal whisperer. I think it's the ginger connection ;) 


Sleeping day one was awful - she did not like the crate and yelped. I felt awful so I ended up sleeping on the couch with her. Day two was better. She whined for about half an hour and fell asleep or so I thought. I woke up three hours later to let her out to pee only to find she had unhinged her cage and had taken a large poop on the rubber mat. Thankfully she chose the right place that was easy to clean. 

This morning we played for an hour and are leaving her in the crate while we at work. We have such a great family who are coming to look after her this morning and afternoon. She is well loved! 

What have we learned so far? Puppies are a lot of work. They poop a lot and have the tiniest pees! Bailey loves to watch Love and Hip Hop Atlanta - literally  she sat and watched the show. It was so cute! Bailey needs to work on biting, it's not nice. 

I am so happy to have this little girl in our family. She has the cutest face I have ever seen. She also has the sweetest personality. We are so lucky and all I can say is she has my heart! 

No comments:

Post a Comment